After many years of invaluable service to SOCAT, Rocío and Camilla are leaving the Universtiy of Bergen before the end of 2022. This means that there will be very limited data management support for SOCATv2023 data submission and quality control.
The global group has discussed how to mitigate the impacts on version 2023.
Here are our recommendations and decisions:
- Register for a SOCAT account now, if you do not have one, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use the SOCAT data submission system.
- Start data submission for data already collected now.
Important things to note:
- Data not submitted via the SOCAT data submission system are unlikely to be included in v2023.
- The data submission deadline remains 16 January 2023.
- There may not be data management support for resolving issues detected during quality control, thus preventing some data sets to be included in SOCAT v2023.